Hi there, my name is Evelyn and this is my blog post.
I actually had some trouble trying to come up with an idea for my first blog post because I have so many ideas. I decided in the end that a post about some of my favorite things will be best, so you can get to know me more. These are a few of my favorite things. (Notice the song reference there!)
10. Receiving Mail Whenever I see a letter or package in the mailbox addressed to me, it makes me feel thought of and loved. I don’t often get mail, so it’s always pretty exciting.
9. Netflix (movies) I actually prefer movies over T.V. shows because they last longer and for me that means I can enjoy it longer. I also love having friends over so we can watch movies and eat popcorn together. My favorite movie is The Choice.
8. Harry Potter Okay, so here’s a disclaimer for you: I am a total fan girl when it comes to Harry Potter. I enjoy being brought into that world through the books and movies. My favorite characters are Ginny and Hermione because they are such feminists.
7. Photography I have a Canon T5i and I just love being able to capture my life through it. When it comes to taking photos, I feel that I have a very artsy approach to all of it. I think I might want to get a Polaroid sometime, but who knows?
6. Music I really appreciate music because it is basically poems (see 5.) put to sound. You can almost always find me singing in the shower or listening to music. La la la la la la.
5. Poetry Free verse, haiku, acrostic, and many more genres. I enjoy expressing myself through organized thought. I guess that’s also probably why I like Shakespeare so much. “To be or not to be, that is the question.”
4. Art Art is very unique, yet very experimental. I like different impressionists like Monet, Van Gogh, Degas and Renoir. Their paintings are breathtaking. And what I especially love is that each picture has a background (a history).
3. Reading and Cooking I feel as if these two go hand in hand. For me, they are both very relaxing and fun at the same time. I read and cook pretty often, so they have kind of embedded themselves into my schedule.
2. Animals Animals have this energy that they give off that relaxes me. I enjoy cuddling, playing, and just being with them. I strongly disagree with ‘dressing’ them up. They have no control over that, so I feel that it is very inhumane.
1. Musicals! I LOVE musicals. They have acting, dancing, singing, humor all rolled into 1 show. I have co-starred in a few musicals in my town, but I hope to do something more mainstream as I get older. I liked when I got to visit New York and go see some shows on Broadway! My favorite would have to be Mama Mia or Wicked.
You made it to the end of my article! Thank you! Stay tuned though, because I plan on posting hopefully once a week. Have a good day!! From, Evelyn